Ramadhan desserts ( part 23)
ابو حنظلة محمد زهري
Subhannallah we are coming to the last lap of our short marathon. Its time to raise our final gear and make it to the top!
Inshaallah today we will discuss on one verse from surah Yusof and try to extract as many gems and wisdom from this just one verse as best as we can.
إِذْ قَالَ يُوسُفُ لِأَبِيهِ يَا أَبَتِ إِنِّي رَأَيْتُ أَحَدَ عَشَرَ كَوْكَبًا وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ رَأَيْتُهُمْ لِي سَاجِدِينَ
'When Yusuf said to his father: O my father! surely I saw eleven stars and the sun and the moon-- I saw them making obeisance to me.'
The above verse told about the dream young Yusof as had. And a sunnah, we can relate our good dream to someone trustworthy, and in this case his father yaakub as. This dream is a sign of 1) honour and bounties that Allah swt had promised to Yusof as & 2) prophethood.
The sun signify his father, moon his mother and eleven stars signify his brothers. This can be seen near the end of this surah verse 100 as follows:
وَرَفَعَ أَبَوَيْهِ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ وَخَرُّوا لَهُ سُجَّدًا وَقَالَ يَا أَبَتِ هَٰذَا تَأْوِيلُ رُؤْيَايَ مِن قَبْلُ قَدْ جَعَلَهَا رَبِّي حَقًّا وَقَدْ أَحْسَنَ بِي إِذْ أَخْرَجَنِي مِنَ السِّجْنِ وَجَاءَ بِكُم مِّنَ الْبَدْوِ مِن بَعْدِ أَن نَّزَغَ الشَّيْطَانُ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَ إِخْوَتِي إِنَّ رَبِّي لَطِيفٌ لِّمَا يَشَاءُ إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْعَلِيمُ الْحَكِيمُ
'And he raised his parents upon the throne and they fell down in prostration before him, and he said: O my father! this is the significance of my vision of old; my Lord has indeed made it to be true; and He was indeed kind to me when He brought me forth from the prison and brought you from the desert after the Shaitan had sown dissensions between me and my brothers, surely my Lord is benignant to whom He pleases; surely He is the Knowing, the Wise.'
In a deeper note, These parables or masal in the dream also shows the ideal Muslim family structure. Each entities( sun, moon & stars) have their own roles to play, complement and complete each other, does not goes overboard out of their orbits and outdo each other. So does every member of the family, each have their own role, complement and complete each other and does not transgress the limits that Allah swt had set......



Sent from my iPhone